THE AIM OF PINGINGTEA℠
By: Conchita Serri, Convener
PingingTea℠ is conceptual model of socially engaged art.
Below, I address the philosophical aspects of this performance art event for all ages, but especially for children. It is the aim of PingingTea℠:
1. Bridge life as we know it with art forms, “socially engaged art/relational aesthetics and communal experimentation by inviting Actor-participants℠ with a conflict or concern to demonstrate for the public a way to solve interpersonal problems with cheerfulness, humor and community support
2. Approach conflict resolution at earlier stages of conflict with humor and levity
3. Attract younger people to discover a new conflict resolution modality as they can relate to the concept of reality TV/live self-help clinic without shame or embarrassment
4. Become familiar with how to approach, institutionalize and facilitate conflict resolution experimental modalities as a learned, practiced and cultivated skill
5. Invent and ritualize new forms of conflict resolution to be applied in any setting - from elementary school, to college, business, industry and beyond
6. Utilize self-mediation an agent of peace, forgiveness and new beginnings
7. Discover self-mediation as a community purging event in a Reality Theater model
8. Take inventory of our commitments as community to enhance communication and engagement face to face in a digital world in fun fashion
9. Engage the audience in a meditative observational activity practicing mindfulness while witnessing transformation
10. Take some types of mediation cases out of the private rooms and make it a public event, a self-driven and empowering alternative to conflict resolution
11. Utilize Rogerian (Carl Rogers) principles to understand conflict resolutions
12. To study and research ways to improve peace, resolution and forgiveness processes.
In the words of Oscar Wilde: “The self-conscious aim of Life is to find expression, and that Art offers it certain beautiful forms through which it may realise that energy.” This proposal offers an opportunity to self-selected Actor-participants℠ to self-express sentiments and to mend differences finding “expression” without shame or discomfort - with community support and in a celebratory manner
I would not compromise confidentiality in this clinic/performance, so the Actor-Participants℠ will not have to divulge the nature of the self-mediation, thus, the focus in on process. If, however, the Actor-Participants℠ wish to share the content of the mediation with the Audience, it would be an acceptable practice.
Thank you for your consideration.
In the spirit of creating a more peaceful world, Cheers!
The World Premiere of PingingTea℠ was installed at the Symposium on Conflict Resolution at Georgia State University (http://georgiastatesignal.com/pinging-tea-refined-strategy-conflict-resolution/
PingingTea℠ has received several invitation for installations, some of them are being scheduled.